Monday, November 15, 2010

The Wood County Museum

What a cool experience in history we had today at the Wood County Historical Museum. Randy, the courator of the museum, gave us a wonderful tour of the buildings. We experienced what it was to be in a fine diningroom, live as a Native American, and as a lunatic in the Lunatic Asylum. We explored color through the paint used on the walls, examined women's undergarments, and got a sense of how people must have lived just 150 years ago. What do you think would have been your job if you had worked in the poorhouse??? On what floor would you have lived? How did you feel when you walked in to the madhouse? Do you think it sounds like Nelly Bly's madhouse???? Please explain your experience.

6 comments:

  1. we went to the woood country museum,that I know this house for poor people.Also I saw different walls has different colours.I learn lots of history from the wood country museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Feini! I'm glad you learned a lot. I agree. The paint restoration project is interesting. I think it is cool that nowadays, we can match the color of the wall exactly to what was there originally. It helps us interpret history better. In China, have you ever visited such a museum? If so, What was it like? Glad you are enjoying the class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a amazing place. I had learned a lot of interesting history from there, such as how they live, cook, and work. By the way I was really like that color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry. I was absented............

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wood country museum is a great museum. From here I know a lot of things about Ohio history such as poor people's life, great person's story, old hospital, and old industry. I can feeling two different traditions. I like here. I can study real American things. Thanks Dorinda give us this chance.

    ReplyDelete