Friday, November 19, 2010

Fort Meigs





Today we had a marvelous day with the guide Dan who explained the War of 1812. We explored what it was to be like as a soldier here in the wilderness of NW Ohio. Fort Meigs was our stop of the day. Dan was our tour guide who

Did a superb job explaining the War museum to us and helping educate students about war in Northwest Ohio. Today we saw a real treasure of history and were able to touch and experience some history. Although it was cold we were able to explore the fort, see how the fort was strategically placed and experience the cold as many of the soldiers would have. What was life like in the fort? Would you have wanted to be a soldier in the fort?


Another thought, considering that Perrysburg was a thriving city at the time the Black Swamp was being settled, why would people want to settle the swamp? What was the driving force that compelled them to sacrifice so much to become farmers and businessmen in the very dangerous Black Swamp? Happy reflecting!

5 comments:

  1. The weather was cold, but it didn't influence our visiting. When I arrived there, I feel sad because I hate war. I don't want to see war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place is awesome. I like old houses, museum, and weapons. However that place was so cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a kinds of museums, but I missed this visit. Because I was sick. I'm so regret. From the synopsis and pictures I know this museum about the war. It present war in Northwest Ohio. So this is a great and commemorative place. It can tell and teach modern. Although I didn't go, I like here!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather was so cold. However fort meigs was so nice. since I love history.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That day is so cold,but I am very happy to go outside visited with my friends.I know some history from the fort meigs.I love this place,and I love history.

    ReplyDelete