Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Today was a fantastic day to explore Wintergarden Park and to consider what Bowling Green would have looked like 150 years ago. We found huge trees with butresses and were able to fit four people around one tree. At the same time, we were able to get a small taste of what the swamp was like and think about how difficult it was to navigate even in the fall when the swamp was more traveller-friendly. (e.i. no mosquitos or horse flies to bite you or your horse).

Another askpect we considered was the effect of the glacier scaping across Northwest Ohio leaving behind sandy, but fertile ground. What was your impression of the experience? Would you have wanted to live in the Great Black Swamp?

















7 comments:

  1. I had a good time in the winter garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a great class OHIO History! I love this class. I saw the beautiful scenery yesterday. I like the huge tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a good time, but I hate snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did went to there,but I think think this class was very fun,so I enjory this class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Last Of The Mohicans this is war and affectional film. This movie about colony war. France and Britain. I can feeling people vearn for free. This is great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the winter garden is good for children. There are many animals, plants, such as oak tree, flower, snakes, and so on....
    i love it!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, good...haha I just like squirrel

    ReplyDelete